By Pranav pandya
here you go… The hotel you have booked is in a very happening area with lots of things to do and restaurants etc. We stayed in different hotel but very close by literally less than a mile away on the same main road which is 192 (West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway)…Things to do on that road nearby …
1. internationalhelitours.com You can do helicopter tour here … 5071 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746. Its on same road.
2. There are multiple Cici’s pizza on the same road within 5 minutes distance…All kids love pizza… You can have unlimited Pizza / Pasta / Salads / desserts buffet here 7.99 $ for adults and 4.99$ for kids between 3 – 10. Don’t pay adult fees even if your kids are over 10. They don’t check it. One advice – don’t buy drinks for everyone…its unlimited drinks anyways and their charges are not reasonable just for carbonated water.
3. 24 hours CVS Pharmacy is walking distance…just 0.4 miles…here you can pretty much get everything like D-Mart in India. You can buy water from here as well because you will absolutely hate Florida water…
4. There are so many Indian restaurants on the same road nearby… Clay Over Indian Cuisine (7696 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747), Ataj Indian restaurant (2901 Parkway Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747), Punjab Indian restaurant (5489 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746), Taste of Punjab (4980 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746)…These are all located nearby on the same main road…
5. Most desis love falafel (vegetarian)…This is one of the best place for falafel on the same road very nearby if you want some change in lunch / dinner J King O Falafel (5045 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746)
6. There is a place called old town with kids rides and fun place on same road (5770 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746). Kids can have fun there if you have time.
7. There are 2 big indoor flea markets on the same road nearby…good for India shopping…super cheap stuff like dollar stores or even less… Visitors Market (5811 W Irlo Bronson Meml Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746) and Main Gate Flea Market
8. Apart from parks…Disney Springs is worth visiting…it’s free and lot of activities, fun, food etc with same Disney theme.
I am sure you must have done research on all Disney Parks and other stuff so no need for me to write in details but some pointers… these are the parks worth doing depending upon how many days you plan…
Disney’s Hollywood Studio
Universal’s Island of adventure
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Waterpark
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Waterpark
Universal Studios Orlando
Honestly there is so much to do over there that it is impossible to do everything but above ones are the top most. All Disney tickets come with fast pass. You don’t need to pay extra for fast pass. What it does it you get to go in preferred fast pass line for many rides and skip the big general line without any if at all waiting time. The way Fast Pass works is you can plan your trip days 30 days in advance and once you buy tickets online and create your account with Disney…You decide which day you will visit which park and sign up for different rides fast pass online. I would advise you to decide days among your group and do the fast pass booking on the same day you buy tickets…or 30 days in advance depending upon how it lets you book it…fast pass slots are not unlimited and there are only particular numbers for fast pass for different rides for that particular day…the earlier you book your fast pass for different rides, the better chance you have to get fast pass….
Also they have magic band for sell…it’s like a wrist watch…you can buy one for your group (I think it’s 15$) what is does is every time you don’t need to take your ticket card out to scan it for fast pass…you can just scan that magic band in every rides for fast pass access.
Do not pay more to buy park hopper option tickets…it’s useless..there is absolutely no way you can do two parks in one day…
Your kids are quite old enough but I would advise you to rent a stroller. There will be at least 10-12 kilometers of walking every day in any park and they will get tired and exhausted…Single stroller is 15 $ and double stroller is 31$ per day but if you buy for multiple days…it gets cheaper…
Wherever in park they have professional photographers taking your picture…You do not need to take picture with your own camera…those professional ones with proper flash light are going to come out better than your own phone or camera pics…And Disney does have an option of 159 or 169 $ and get all the picture from your vacation i.e. multiple days from different parks…makes like a lot easy…
Also don’t depend on cell phone alone for pictures…bring proper camera…most likely your phone pics will be fine because Florida is a sunshine state but in evening, dark or cloudy …phone pics will suck big time.
Don’t be overambitious of finishing 4 parks in 4 days …. You and kids will get exhausted …I think park hours are from 9 am to 11 pm…and by the time you come back to your hotel room…it will be around midnight…there is absolutely no way that after a busy day you all can get up early in the morning and be in another park at 9 am next day…. We never reached any park before 12 noon…. We generally had proper lunch and then went to parks because by the time we were back to hotel room it was already too late for dinner outside…so we pretty much had food in park around 5-6 pm and then Taco Bell or something pick up on way back to hotel. Depending upon how many days you are planning..it is better to have 1-2 rest days in between different parks
If you were driving then I would have recommended either Daytona beach or Siesta Key beach (Siesta Key is number 1 beach in whole USA…even rated higher than California beaches)
Even if you have kitchen in your hotel but I highly doubt it that you guys will have any energy to cook after so much of activities every day. In park pretty much vegetarian options will be cheese pizza and French fries…so if you get tired of eating same stuff (I am not big on pizza…and I hate it if more than 1-2 days)….other option you can do is buy frozen food from Indian grocery store – Patel Brothers (1750 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32809) and microwave it and eat once you are back…or do take out order from any close by Indian restaurant and freeze it. The best thing is to go to park after lunch so that at least one time you have proper food and then dinner can be ok with anything.
You can also buy milk / sugar etc from close by CVS for kids milk and if you wanna make Indian tea in the morning…I know most of you will not like the tea / coffee they have in motels or anywhere else… If you guys are eating eggs then you can buy eggs and bread also from CVS…quick breakfast or if hungry at anytime
I think this is from top of my head..let me know if you want any specific info…